Please visit this page regularly, as it will be updated with information about the Convocation and Diploma Ceremonies as it becomes available.
Convocation & Diploma Ceremony Events
Spring Convocation begins with a morning ceremony on the main quadrangle. The College's graduating class will gather with the graduating students of all the schools and divisions, University faculty, deans and staff. At this ceremony, Dean John W. Boyer will present the College class, and President Robert J. Zimmer will verbally confer their degrees.
In the afternoon, students will participate in a College Diploma Ceremony. Eight concurrent ceremonies will take place, organized by Residence Hall and presided over by the Resident Masters.
In between the morning and afternoon ceremonies, students and families will have the opportunity to eat lunch. Lunch locations will be based on the location of the College Diploma Ceremony.
For a list of all deadlines and dates in Spring quarter, including Senior Week and the Class Day celebrations, please review our Important Dates and Deadlines.
Residence Hall Diploma Ceremony Affiliation
All graduating students will be assigned to a diploma ceremony location based on the last hall of residence. You will find your assigned hall for the diploma ceremony when you login to apply for graduation.
In the event that a student did not live in the residence halls or the building of last residence is no longer housing undergraduates, the College partnered together with College Housing to identify an assignment. If you would like to request a different hall for the diploma ceremony, you may submit the Residence Hall Diploma Ceremony Affiliation Petition. Reasons typically considered for changing location include: resided in more than one hall, sibling receiving their diploma from the University at another hall, and service as a resident assistant in another hall.
Hall Locations (for maps to location see the Convocation Brochure)
- Burton-Judson Courts: Midway Skating Rink
- Campus North Residential Commons - East: North Campus Lawn (between East 55th Street and East 56th Street)
- Campus North Residential Commons - West: Ratner Athletics Center, Competition Gym
- International-House & Stony Island: International House Lawn
- Max Palevsky Residential Commons: Main Quadrangle
- Renee Granville-Grossman Residential Commons - East: Midway Plaisance Northeast (between East 59th Street and Midway Plaisance North)
- Renee Granville-Grossman Residential Commons - West: Midway Plaisance Northwest (between East 59th Street and Midway Plaisance North)
- Snell-Hitchcock Hall: Snell-Hitchcock Hall, Courtyard